Tuesday, October 23, 2007

GO BOKKE!

Last night we went and saw a production of the opera "The Magic Flute," except it was "African-ized" with Marimbas instead of an orchestra and Xhosa dialogue and other really cool touches. It was so so so so so cool. !!! Really, it was like nothing I've ever seen before and I wish you could have seen it. Afterwards we saw the main guy standing out in the foyer and we were giddy Americans and awkwardly asked him to take his picture with us, which he did. I'll put the picture up sometime.

but the real news is the belated weekend update.

My Uncle Roger, Auntie Caroline, Auntie Rita, Uncle Phillip, Auntie Gail, and Cousin Kyle flew down from Johannesburg and picked me up at school and we went to Hermanus, a beach town at the Indian Ocean known for its many whales during this time of the year.
The weekend was really fun and was characterized by lots and lots and lots of food and lots and lots of alcohol (for me, anyway). On Saturday evening/night alone I think I had about 10 or 11 shots/drinks. yikes! But it was really fun regardless of my semi-permanent buzzed state and we saw lots and lots of whales and the beach was beautiful and the food was tasty and the company was wonderful.
The big event of the weekend was the Rugby World Cup, as South Africa was in the final against England. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE watched the game and it was a big weekend of celebration and general pandemonium. We won 15-6 and it was kind of a big deal. But yeah, anyways. That's the general weekend re-cap if anyone cared and here are some pictures and there's more on my picasa.

mwah.









1 comment:

vchan said...

is that biltong i see in that last picture!? are you coming to ny at all before you head to paris?