Saturday night the Lexia gang went to a halloween house party in Observatory (area in Cape Town) thrown by some other American exchange students here. There was lots of food and drinks and jello shots, and there were at TON of people there, about half of which were American (even one from Irvine) and then others from South Africa, Botswana, Angola, Egypt... It was the most fun I've had in a while, and as silly as it sounds, it was really nice to chat with other Americans, partly to share experiences about being in South Africa, but mostly just for the feeling of having a beer and listening to bad american pop music and mingling with boys and girls and feeling somewhat in your own element for a night.
Yesterday we went hiking in the Cederberg mountains and got to see all the ancient rock art paintings from the indigenous Khoi-San people here. Today we went to the Kirstenbosch botanical gardens, which were very very beautiful. It was nice to just stroll around and take a nap amongst the flowers.
Tonight we're throwing a little Halloween party at our place.
Tomorrow we're going... somewhere, who knows anymore. Wine tour? And then out for a traditional African Meal. Thursday we're going on a tour of the peninsula.
Friday starts the program break! Kalahari Desert, Zambia (victoria falls) and Botswana. I am beyond excited.
I don't know if I'm going to get internet again before I leave, so if not... see you in about two weeks. and flood my inbox so I"ll feel really loved and overwhelmed when I get back.
added pics to the last album. here's some:




Obs Party




No comments:
Post a Comment