Tuesday, February 26, 2008

WWI Cemetery


WWI Cemetery, originally uploaded by Rocketships, Jellyfish.


This past weekend I went on a study trip with my Paris at War class to WWI sites in Northern France. It was a little tiring, very depressing, but very cool. The countryside is beautiful. Some highlights were the cathedrals at Laon and Reims (two small towns in France), seeing the trenches from the battle of the Sommes, the "Cavern of the Dragon" (a stone quarry where soldiers lived directly under the battlefield), and the American Cemetery (pictured here). Lowlights: the small town of Albert selling me three rolls of exposed film for 12euro and me not realizing it until we got on the bus. I'm still not really over it. Pictures at Picasa and slowly editing some for Flickr.

Also, here's a video from winter break of my cousin Keana. She is two and can probably vuvuzela better than you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmZPCKzbZk

I have bedbugs and an 8 page paper to write but otherwise life is grand. I'm almost done applying for internships, midterms are almost over, and spring break is coming up. After that it's going to be Spring!, sun, museums, meandering, picture taking, writing, reading, visitors!, trips, macaron binging, etc.

Love and things.

No comments: